A key feature of the IMPACT Program is the 4-tier accreditation framework which incrementally build upon each other.
- Introductory – this accreditation is achieved by trainees either completing the (1) 2-Day IMPACT Respond Rather Than React Workshop or (2) the 1-Day IMPACT Foundations workshop with supplementary activities.
- Advanced – this accreditation is achieved after completion of the 2-Day Advanced IMPACT (Intentional Practitioner/Coaching).
- IMPACT Coach – this accreditation is achieved after completion of a 4-5 hour online training package. IMPACT Coaches have access to higher level resources, tools, videos and factsheets through IMPACT Online.
- IMPACT Trainer – this level accredits local community members to delivery the 1-Day IMPACT Foundations workshop within their community, and empower community members achieve the Introductory level accreditation.
Awareness and skills to apply intentional communication and strategies to:
- Understand the ‘under the surface’ impact of trauma, context and circumstances on human functioning.
- Respond to the “needs” of clients (children, young people or adults), as opposed to react to their surface behaviour.
- Conduct moment-to-moment trauma-responsive practices.
- Grow a client’s internal resources for personal wellbeing, resilience and optimal day-to-day decision making through intentional support and actions.
- Develop a non-clinical Growth Action Plans (What-What-How) with others that is personalised to a client’s individual needs and context.
- Develop a shared intent with both clients and others in shared growth or wellbeing planning.
Two Option Accreditation Process
2-Day IMPACT Respond Rather Than React (Introduction to Intentional Trauma-Responsive Practice).
LBI Foundation can deliver this workshop internally to schools and communities to accredit staff to the Introductory Level.
1-Day IMPACT Foundations Workshop, Specialist Trauma Workshop and Supported Growth Action Plan.
The 1-Day Foundations Workshop can be delivered by LBI Foundation or a local IMPACT Trainer. Following this training, accreditation is finalised by the trainee also conducting:
Awareness and skills to:
- Develop deeper ‘under the surface’ picture using the descriptors of (1) awareness, (2) skills and (3) mindsets.
- Develop a ‘growth intent’ using the building blocks descriptors of (1) feelings, (2) awareness, (3) skills and (4) mindsets.
- Conduct moment-to-moment trauma-responsive practices, and be able to articulate one’s intent within communication to others.
- Conduct intentional coaching conversations, drawing upon both implicit and explicit strategies.
- Independently develop a non-clinical Growth Action Plans (What-What-How) that is personalised to a client’s individual needs and context.
- Take a leadership role in the development of a shared intent with both clients and others in growth or wellbeing planning and reflective practices.
2-Day Advanced IMPACT (Intentional Practitioner/Coaching)
3. IMPACT Coach
Awareness, skills and confidence to:
- Take a lead role in the design, review and implementation of a non-clinical Growth Action Plans within their community
- Incrementally take more and more IMPACT content to the “apply-it” and “coach-it” roles.
- Conduct intentional coaching conversations, and drawing upon explicit resources and modules within the learning process.
- Be a local community champion in the intentional and incremental embedding of IMPACT content within the community.
4-5 Hour Online Learning Process
All trainees who complete the Advanced IMPACT are provided the option of completing their IMPACT Coach accreditation. This involves a number of accreditation tasks on IMPACT Online which can be embedded within their normal work role.
4. IMPACT Trainer
Awareness, skills and confidence to:
- Deliver the 1-Day IMPACT Foundations workshops within their community, in a manner where they can make IMPACT content practical and translatable for their context.
- Lead and guide IMPACT capacity building processes in their community.
Accredited IMPACT Coaches can demonstrate they are:
- Applying explicit side-by-side of Growth Action Planning in their community.
- Applying explicit intentional coaching conversations related to IMPACT content in their community (there is no expectation that every piece of IMPACT content is being coached).
- Committed to being a local Community Champion.
Pre-Workshop Preparation, 1-Day Workshop and 3 Hours Pre-Delivery Coaching
1. Pre-Workshop Preparation – in the month prior to the workshop, trainees will be required to dedicate 4-5 hours of time to consolidate their existing IMPACT knowledge (online process).
2. 1-Day Workshop – trainees will be provided all the resources, content and coaching support to deliver the IMPACT Foundations workshop.
3. Pre-Delivery Coaching – trainers will be provided 3 x 1 hour of online coaching to support them to deliver their first IMPACT Foundations workshop in the 6 weeks prior to first training event. A post-delivery reflective activity finalises the accreditation.